Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Regret

I haven't always been outgoing and spontaneous and (mostly) indifferent to peoples opinions of me. I used to be so worried about people thought of me. I hid behind my shy mask, so people wouldn't have the grounds to judge me. They did anyways, so I decided to do something different.

So, this year was the year I peeled my shy mask away. I just didn't do it soon enough, because there are so many people that I didn't get close to because of that. And now there's no time to get close, because the year that I finally became myself is coming down to an end. It'll be summer, and so many opportunities will be gone forever.

I've always been the type to regret what I didn't do, rather than what I did. That's why I moved here. That's why I did track. There's a few things I've done this year because I knew I would regret it if I didn't. So now, sitting here, I regret not getting closer to people.

I'm debating putting this up. But I will, because it goes that, in the end, I'd regret it if I didn't.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Regrets are silly emotions, really. But you learn from them and make different decisions in the future. Perhaps they aren't so silly after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that you've come out of your shell...just keep doing it. Come all the way out!! I'll be here for you.

    ReplyDelete