Monday, January 17, 2011

Spontaneity

Sometimes people wish for the most impossible things. A few years ago, all I wanted was a pair of wings so I could fly away (symbolic, much?) Now, I know my wishes aren’t impossible, just seemingly so. At least I know what I want, or I think I do. Some people don’t have a clue other than that they’re sure something’s missing in their life. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I did something so totally out of context, so random and unexpected, what would happen. People’s reactions would be priceless.

Like, say, I punched some random (or not so random) person in the face. People would be shocked, because that’s not something people would ever imagine someone like me doing, but the deeper reactions aren’t something I can even begin to imagine. It would change the way people saw me, if only for a little while.

Maybe, if you are insert appropriate emotional state here with your life, you could try to do something outside of your comfort zone? No matter how close it is to being something you usually do.

I did ramble a bit, I know. I usually tend to when I start to write. But… no matter happens, life keeps going. You can sit and be content with how crappy, unexciting, mundane, predictable, or just plain boring  things are, or work to change that, no matter how small your efforts.

2 comments: